PROJECT MANAGER IN OIL AND GAS
The project manager (PM) is responsible for managing the overall engineering deliverables for an assigned project, including budgeting and scheduling. Project management activities include estimation, planning/scheduling, progress reporting, and coordination with various disciplines. The PM must understand the overall direction, priority, and schedules to execute the project and work with various discipline leads to deliver successful solutions to the client. Duties will include:
- Preparing project plans, including the project execution plans (PEP) and design basis memorandums (DBM)
- Managing project budgets
- Managing manpower schedules for engineering deliverables
- Ensuring the quality of drawings, models and other design reviews
- Overseeing construction work packages (CWPs), including bills of materials, isometrics, scope, layout, instrumentation lists, and specialty items lists
- Producing scopes of work for civil, piping, skids and pipe rack modules among others
- Coordinating CWPs, trends, scope changes, design change notices (DCN) and field change notice (FCN)
- Managing all action items to ensure they are completed on schedule
- Overseeing the change management process and ensuring its effective implementation
- Contributing to and monitoring project KPIs, earned value and controls reporting
- Performing other duties as requested
CERTIFIED OIL AND GAS PROJECT MANAGER (COG-PM)
The Certified Oil and Gas Project Manager ™ (COG-PM) credential is an exclusive gold-standard benchmark that demonstrates the attainment of a defined level of technical knowledge in oil and gas project management activities, professional practice, and ethical behavior. It forms the basis of the assessment that applicants must pass to gain Certified Oil and Gas Project Manager ™ status and inclusion in the Register of The American Academy of Project Management® Certified / Chartered Professional. Individuals with several years of experience in oil and gas project management are encouraged to acquire this certification. A guide book shall assist candidates to pass in the COG-PM examination besides providing a valuable source of reference for an individual to excel toward becoming a Certified Oil and Gas Project Manager ™. Take the challenges ahead with our exclusive Certified Oil and Gas Project Manager ™ certification.
Stand tall above the crowd with Certified Oil and Gas Project Manager ™ : Use of the post nominal COG-PM or Certified Oil and Gas Project Manager® after your name
e.g. A. Princeton, COG-PM Fellow AAPM
Study method: Self-paced learning style with the aid of a Guide book.
Requirements: i) Degree in petroleum engineering or other engineering qualifications ii) 3+ years experience in oil and gas project management or equivalent iii) Pass the COG-PM examination
HOW TO APPLY: To qualify for the Certified Oil and Gas Project Manager ™ certification, you need to complete the following steps:
- Complete the Mandatory Candidate Information (MCI)
- Complete the payment upon receipt of the invoice
- Take the examination when you’re ready.
Examination: email us to request the examination questions when you’re ready to take the exam.
Course fee: Includes Certified Oil and Gas Project Manager ™ certificate, membership certificate, examination fee, and shipping.
Mandatory Candidate Information : please include the Title of the Certification course that you wish to apply in the subject line when submitting the following information and attach a latest copy of your C.V. email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Full Name: 2) Shipping Address: 3) Name on Certificate: 4) Mobile number:
The AAPM AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT ® GAFM/IBS International Board of Standards is the first graduate global Board of Standards for project management industry professionals to earn Accreditation under the TUV-OE European Standards for ISO 9001 Certification and ISO 29990 Certification. AAPM is also a chartered member of the CHEA Council for Higher Education Accreditation – International Quality Group (CHEA/CIQG) Memorandum of Affiliation is designed to engage quality assurance and accrediting organizations in a shared effort to affirm and promote fundamental principles for higher education quality.
Who is eligible to apply: Candidate with project management experience in oil and gas
If you’re coming from Southern Africa Development Institute (SADI) web site or your place of residence is located in the Southern Africa region, please return to SADI web site to apply. Click here to return to SADI.
Southern Africa Development Institute is GAFM ACADEMY’s partner serving customers in the Southern Africa region.
Malaysians represent some of the certificate holders for the Certified Oil and Gas Project Manager credential.
as seen in the following publications