Learning and Development Manager
Learning and Development Managers are responsible for the creation and delivery of bespoke training programmes. The role of the learning and development manager is fundamentally to assist in the organisation’s success, by coaching and developing its people. Reporting into either the head of learning and development or the head of HR (depending on the size of the establishment,) the organisation of all the training and development activities within a company is the primary role of a learning and development manager.
Role of a learning and development manager
Designed with leadership, management, business and personal progression and best practice in mind, the intention is to expand on the talents and skills across all employees at all levels within an organisation.
Knowledge of the company, its clients and business strategy are all key, as these will be taken into consideration when establishing the training and performance programmes.
The role of the learning and development manager is to fundamentally assist in the organisation’s success, by coaching and developing its people.
Learning and Development Manager responsibilities
As the learning and development manager, your responsibilities will involve:
- Creating training programmes that are aligned with the organisation’s objectives and having a strong understanding of what these are
- Acting as the go to within the business for anyone with questions or queries regarding training and development plans
- Working closely with various leaders across the organisation and having a full understanding of their units and training requirements
- Embracing different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions or coaching
- Having an awareness of the allocated budget and an ability to find solutions in order to implement the required training
- Building relationships with 3rd party training providers
- Managing the development of the HR team from a training perspective
- Designing staple curriculums for all employees (i.e. values)
Certified Learning and Development Manager CLDM
The Certified Learning and Development Manager ™ (CLDM) credential is a professional gold standard certification that demonstrates the attainment of a defined level of technical knowledge in training and coaching, professional practice, and ethical behavior. It forms the basis of the assessment that applicants must pass to gain the Certified Learning and Development Manager ™ status and inclusion in the Register of The Global Academy of Finance and Management ® Certified / Chartered Professional. Individuals with several years of experience in learning and development, training and coaching are strongly encouraged to acquire this certification. Take the challenges ahead with the Certified Learning and Development Manager™ certification.
Requirements: i) Degree / Diploma / SKM certificate / CIAST certificate ii) 3+ years as Learning and Development Manager, Trainer , Educator or equivalent iii) Pass the CLDM examination
HOW TO APPLY:
To qualify for the Certified Learning and Development Manager™ certification, you need to complete the following steps:
- Complete the Mandatory Candidate Information (MCI)
- Complete the payment upon receipt of the invoice
- Take the exam when you’re ready
Examination: email to request the examination questions when you’re ready to take the exam. Examination comprised of 50 questions; Passing grade is 70%.
Course fee: Includes Certified Learning and Development Manager ™ certificate, membership, examination fee, and shipping.
Mandatory Candidate Information : please include the Title of the Certification Course that you wish to apply in the subject line when submitting the following information and attach a latest copy of your C.V. email to email@example.com
1) Full Name: 2) Shipping Address: 3) Name on Certificate: 4) Mobile number:
The Global Academy of Finance and Management® (GAFM) is the first graduate global Board of Standards for industry professionals to earn Accreditation under the TUV-OE European Standards for ISO 9001 Certification and ISO 29990 Certification. Global Academy of Finance and Management® (GAFM) is also a chartered member of the CHEA Council for Higher Education Accreditation – International Quality Group (CHEA/CIQG) Memorandum of Affiliation is designed to engage quality assurance and accrediting organizations in a shared effort to affirm and promote fundamental principles for higher education and quality.
Who is eligible to apply:
- Individual with good communication skills and who is keen to assist people with their learning and development.
- Individual currently attending train-the-trainer courses to be a certified trainer
- Candidate whose background is a technical trainer but requires ISO 21001 globally recognized certification in learning and development for opportunities abroad.
- Trainer with experience in course design and project management are desirable.
- Candidate with SKM certificate is eligible to apply or those currently pursuing a trainer course in CIAST
Learning and development manager skills and competencies
Proven people management skills and recognized certificate in training and coaching are essential. Learning and development managers will be expected to be experienced in the following:
- Management, development and talent training
- Designing and supplying a variety of training styles
- Building relationships with external suppliers
- Managing budgets
- Managing people
- Confident in both written and spoken communication with the ability to present to large audiences
- Organisational skills
The GAFM International Board of Standards is the first graduate global Board of Standards for industry professionals to earn Accreditation under the TUV-OE European Standards for ISO 9001 Certification and ISO 29990 Certification. GAFM is also a chartered member of the CHEA Council for Higher Education Accreditation – International Quality Group (CHEA/CIQG) Memorandum of Affiliation is designed to engage quality assurance and accrediting organizations in a shared effort to affirm and promote fundamental principles for higher education quality. GAFM is listed as “International Board of Standards” in CHEA/CIQG.
Founded in 1988, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) is a global business education accrediting body and the first organization to offer accreditation to all levels of collegiate business educational degree programs from associate to doctoral. ACBSP ignites a standard of excellence with an accreditation process based on the Baldrige Education Criteria for Performance Excellence. By evaluating aspects of leadership, strategic planning, relationships with stakeholders, quality of academic programs, faculty credentials, and educational support, ACBSP assesses whether or not business programs offer a rigorous educational experience and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
For more than 10 years, ACBSP and GAFM have benefited from a mutual articulation agreement. The current agreement between ACBSP and GAFM International Board of Standards states:
- All ACBSP baccalaureate/graduate degree schools that have attained accredited status will be officially recognized by the GAFM with an educational and degree path toward certification eligibility.
- ACBSP accredited business school programs are recognized as GAFM/AAPM eligible programs for credentials listed at GAFM.COM.MY
As seen in the following international publications