Risk Management Professional
Risk Management Professionals seek to identify, analyze and document the risks associated with a company’s business operations, as well as monitor the effectiveness of risk management processes and implement needed changes. The role of a Risk Manager is to communicate risk policies and processes for an organisation. They provide hands-on development of risk models involving market, credit and operational risk, assure controls are operating effectively, and provide research and analytical support. Risk Managers must have excellent quantitative and analytical skills, along with the ability to apply those skills across a variety of business processes.
The duties under a Risk Management job description include the following:
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organisation, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur
- Performing a risk assessment: Analysing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company
- Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- Establishing the level of risk the company are willing to take
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (Educating the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks)
- Explaining the external risk posed by corporate governance to stakeholders
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks
- Implementing health and safety measures, and purchasing insurance
- Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors
- Maintaining records of insurance policies and claims
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposals
Risk Management job qualifications and requirements
A degree in the following subjects is not vital but can be included in a job description:
- Risk Management
- Management or Business Studies
- Finance or Economics
Chartered Risk Manager Professional™ (ChRMP)
The Chartered Risk Manager Professional™ (ChRMP) is the latest 2020 Risk Management certification and professional benchmark that demonstrates the attainment of a defined level of technical knowledge in enterprise risk management, professional practice, and ethical behavior. It forms the basis of the assessment that applicants must pass to gain Chartered Risk Manager Professional status and inclusion in the Register of The American Academy of Project Management ® AAPM Certified / Chartered Professional. Individuals with several years of experience in enterprise risk management are encouraged to acquire this certification. A Guide book shall assist applicants to pass in the examination besides providing a valuable source of reference for a risk manager to excel toward becoming a Chartered Risk Manager Professional. Take the challenges ahead with a AAPM® Chartered Risk Manager Professional ™ certification.
Benefits of becoming Chartered Risk Manager Professional™ (ChRMP)
· Personal recognition from your peers in project management and other professions.
· Enhanced CV to stand out in the job market.
· A framework for the development of your career.
· International recognition.
· Assurance for clients of high standards and ethical practice.
· Use of the post nominal Chartered Risk Manager Professional™ (ChRMP) ™
Print your credential after your name, e.g. Emma M. Marcus, ChRMP Fellow AAPM®
Study method: Self-paced learning style with the aid of a Guide book
Requirements: i) Diploma / Degree ii) 3+ years experience in enterprise risk management iii) Pass the ChRMP examination
HOW TO APPLY: To qualify for the Chartered Risk Manager Professional™ (ChRMP) certification, you need to complete the following steps:
- Complete the Mandatory Candidate Information (MCI)
- Complete the payment upon receipt of the invoice
- Take the exam when you’re ready
Examination: email to request the examination questions when you are ready to take the exam. Examination comprised of 50 questions; Passing grade is 70%. Course fee: Includes Chartered Risk Manager Professional certificate, membership certificate, examination fee, and shipping.
Mandatory Candidate Information : please include the Title of the Certification Course that you wish to apply in the subject line when submitting the following information and attach a latest copy of your C.V. email to email@example.com
1) Full Name: 2) Shipping Address: 3) Name on Certificate: 4) Mobile number:
The AAPM IBS International Board of Standards is the first graduate global Board of Standards for project management industry professionals to earn Accreditation under the TUV-OE European Standards for ISO 9001 Certification and ISO 29990 Certification. AAPM/GAFM is also a chartered member of the CHEA Council for Higher Education Accreditation – International Quality Group (CHEA/CIQG) Memorandum of Affiliation is designed to engage quality assurance and accrediting organizations in a shared effort to affirm and promote fundamental principles for higher education quality.
The GAFM International Board of Standards is the first graduate global Board of Standards for industry professionals to earn Accreditation under the TUV-OE European Standards for ISO 9001 Certification and ISO 29990 Certification. GAFM is also a chartered member of the CHEA Council for Higher Education Accreditation – International Quality Group (CHEA/CIQG) Memorandum of Affiliation is designed to engage quality assurance and accrediting organizations in a shared effort to affirm and promote fundamental principles for higher education quality. GAFM is listed as “International Board of Standards” in CHEA/CIQG.
Founded in 1988, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) is a global business education accrediting body and the first organization to offer accreditation to all levels of collegiate business educational degree programs from associate to doctoral. ACBSP ignites a standard of excellence with an accreditation process based on the Baldrige Education Criteria for Performance Excellence. By evaluating aspects of leadership, strategic planning, relationships with stakeholders, quality of academic programs, faculty credentials, and educational support, ACBSP assesses whether or not business programs offer a rigorous educational experience and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
For more than 10 years, ACBSP and GAFM have benefited from a mutual articulation agreement. The current agreement between ACBSP and GAFM International Board of Standards states:
- All ACBSP baccalaureate/graduate degree schools that have attained accredited status will be officially recognized by the GAFM with an educational and degree path toward certification eligibility.
- ACBSP accredited business school programs are recognized as GAFM/AAPM eligible programs for credentials listed at GAFM.COM.MY