MDCP Master Data Center Professional ™
A data center manager is typically responsible for organizing and maintaining the digital information management operations of companies. The equipment in a data center is most often comprised of computer hardware, networking equipment (switches, routers), storage, software, and other systems. A data center manager is required to supervise a team of systems engineers and network engineers to make sure that all servers and computer networks are running smoothly and efficiently and are up-to-date. In many cases, customer care and support is also part of the job. Because data center management is an administrative position, it is not unusual to also be responsible for scheduling shifts for company employees and organizing data for a variety of departments, such as human resources. Master Data Center Professional is also applicable for an individual who is involved with the design and construction of a data center project, which includes the infrastructure that is associated with the development of a data center that also include a disaster recovery site. The operation and management aspect is also a function of a Data Center Manager which includes all the assets in the data center.
Data Center Manager Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction for in-house staff for the safe and reliable operations of datacenter and infrastructure systems
- Provide hands-on project management for strategic department-wide initiatives, inclusive of technology selection, effort, timeline, cost, resource allocation, system engineering, RFP/SOW creation, vendor selection/management, solution delivery, and implementation
- Ability to decompose large initiatives into constituent projects and executable technology delivery goals
- Oversee 2nd and 3rd level Infrastructure operations support for the department on a 24×7 basis, with on-call support during off-hours for initial response to disruptions, outages and incidents
- Implement ITSM and ITSM procedures with a focus on Incident Management, RCA/Problem Management, Change Management, Event Management, SLAs, production support, standards, and best practices for the technology organization
- Assist with the implementation and evangelization of cyber security best practices and lead cyber incident response/management if necessary
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management
- Prepare plans for development and installation of data center according to present and future requirements.
- Monitor all software and hardware products and ensure compliance to Data Center standards and systems.
- Administer installation and maintenance of organization data center.
- Monitor all activities related to analysis and implement all data center plans.
- Supervise designing and evaluation of all server systems according to measurement of process.
- Perform troubleshoot on data center, identify issues and assist in timely resolution of same.
- Manage and perform research to design new advanced data center.
- Ensure adherence to all established guidelines and management practices for employees.
- Coordinate with various departments and perform integration of critical systems into infrastructure.
- Coordinate with IT, enhancement and business teams and develop strategies to ensure achievement of data center capacity.
- Maintain expert knowledge on all applications and its use on systems for various critical systems.
- Ensure client satisfaction and provide optimal level of customer services for various departments.
- Maintain effective professional relationships with IT relationship managers.
- Maintain expert knowledge on all business procedures associate with assets and capacity.
- Monitor all functional resources required for growth and ensure appropriate working.
The Master Data Center Professional ™ certification is a professional world class certification recognized in over 140 countries. Holder of MDCP demonstrates that the individual has achieved the attainment of a defined level of technical knowledge in data center management, professional practice, and ethical behavior. It forms the basis of the assessment that the individual must pass to earn the Master Data Center Professional status and inclusion in the Register of The American Academy of Project Management Certified / Chartered Professional.
The American Academy of Project Management International Board of Standards issues the MDCP Master Data Center Professional certification.
- Diploma / Bachelor’s degree preferably in information communications and technology; computer science; network engineering; information security, or other equivalent qualifications.
- 3+ years experience in data center operations and management.
HOW TO APPLY: To qualify for the MDCP Master Data Center Professional certification, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Mandatory Candidate Information (MCI)
- Complete the payment upon receipt of the invoice.
- Take the exam when you’re ready.
Examination: email to request the examination questions when you are ready to take the exam. The examination comprised of 40 questions; Passing grade is 70%.
Course fee: Includes Master Data Center Professional certificate, APPM membership certificate, examination fee, and shipping.
Mandatory Candidate Information : please include the Title of the Certification Course that you wish to apply in the subject line when submitting the following information and attach a latest copy of your C.V. email to email@example.com
- Full Name 2. shipping address 3. Name to print on the certificate 4. mobile number
The AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT ® International Board of Standards is the first graduate global Board of Standards for project management industry professionals to earn Accreditation under the TUV-OE European Standards for ISO 9001 Certification and ISO 29990 Certification. AAPM is also a chartered member of the CHEA Council for Higher Education Accreditation – International Quality Group (CHEA/CIQG) Memorandum of Affiliation is designed to engage quality assurance and accrediting organizations in a shared effort to affirm and promote fundamental principles for higher education quality.
Founded in 1988, the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) is a global business education accrediting body and the first organization to offer accreditation to all levels of collegiate business educational degree programs from associate to doctoral. ACBSP ignites a standard of excellence with an accreditation process based on the Baldrige Education Criteria for Performance Excellence. By evaluating aspects of leadership, strategic planning, relationships with stakeholders, quality of academic programs, faculty credentials, and educational support, ACBSP assesses whether or not business programs offer a rigorous educational experience and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
This website and its content are the copyright of GAFM ACADEMY. ©GAFM ACADEMY All rights reserved. The Global Academy of Finance and Management® and The American Academy of Project Management® own all copyright. Redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited. You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it, publish it, or store it in your website or any other website or other forms of the electronic retrieval system.