Role of the Contract Engineer
- Acting as the key contact point with the customer from initial discussions to delivery of the project
- Discussing, reviewing and negotiating the terms of the contract
- Managing schedule and budget
- Working with 3rd parties to ensure that everyone understands their role and responsibilities
- Dealing with any unexpected costs that may exceed those agreed in the budget
- Handling any problems raised by the client
- Attending site meetings to monitor progress
- Making sure the project meets agreed technical standards
- Managing the final invoicing process
- Liaising with many different parties including technical and financial staff, sub-contractors, legal teams and the client’s own representatives.
Master Contract Manager ™ MCM
The certified Master Contract Manager ™ (MCM) credential is a professional accredited certification that demonstrates the attainment of a defined level of technical knowledge in contract management, professional practice, and ethical behavior. It forms the basis of the assessment that Contract Engineers must pass to gain certified Master Contract Manager status and inclusion in the Register of The American Academy of Project Management® Certified / Chartered Professional. Contract Engineers with at least two years of experience in contract management are encouraged to acquire this certification. The eBook study guide “The Master Contract Manager” shall guide you to pass in the Master Contract Manager™ examination besides providing a valuable source of reference for a Contract Engineer to excel toward becoming a certified Master Contract Manager. Take the challenges ahead with the exclusive certified Master Contract Manager ™ certification only from The American Academy of Project Management.
Study method: Self-paced learning style with the aid of the eBook study guide
Requirements: i) Degree in project Management /Civil engineer or Construction Engineering ii) 2+ years as a Contract Manager or similar role iii) Pass the MCM examination
HOW TO APPLY: To qualify for the Master Contract Manager (MCM) ™ certification, you need to complete the following steps:
- Complete the Mandatory Candidate Information (MCI)
- Complete the payment upon receipt of the invoice (Payment via debit/credit/Paypal is accepted)
- Take the exam when you’re ready
Examination: email to request the examination questions when you are ready to take the exam. Examination comprised of 50 questions; Passing grade is 70%.
Course fee: Includes certified Master Contract Manager certificate, membership, Examination fee, and shipping.
Mandatory Candidate Information : please include the Title of the Certification Course that you wish to apply in the subject line when submitting the following information and attach a latest copy of your C.V. email to firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Full Name: 2) Shipping Address: 3) Name on Certificate: 4) Mobile number:
The AAPM AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT ® is the first graduate global Board of Standards for project management industry professionals to earn Accreditation under the TUV-OE European Standards for ISO 9001 Certification and ISO 29990 Certification. AAPM is also a chartered member of the CHEA Council for Higher Education Accreditation – International Quality Group (CHEA/CIQG) Memorandum of Affiliation is designed to engage quality assurance and accrediting organizations in a shared effort to affirm and promote fundamental principles for higher education and quality.
Who is eligible to apply: Contract Engineer with experience as a contract administrator or contract management responsibilities.
If you’re coming from Southern Africa Development Institute (SADI) web site or your place of residence is located in the Southern Africa region, please return to SADI web site to apply. Click here to return to SADI.
Southern Africa Development Institute is GAFM ACADEMY’s partner serving customers in the Southern Africa region.
As seen in the following international publications